memory leak when loading several projects?

for all your technical questions

Return to “Technical Support (FL Studio & Plugins)”

Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Provide step-by-step DETAILS about your problem and how to reproduce it. A VIDEO is excellent (get a free recorder here - Upload the .swf format videos direct to the forum). Bugs will be fixed faster if you follow these suggestions. NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 11 pm CET), thank you.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
SkullMonster42
Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:46 am

0 x

memory leak when loading several projects?

hello,

when i load several projects in succession, like browsing through my projects, the "memory usage" indicator in the cpu panel in the top toolbar piles up. like when i restart FL Studio before loading a project it shows 300 MB for each project but when i load them after each other without restarting the memory usage piles up the more projects i load. it doesn't grow by 300 each time, it grows slower and also i didn't see that the memory usage would ever drop so i guess it's not just waiting for a garbage collector to drop by, maybe some data wasn't marked to be picked up by the garbage truck.

Forum Rules wrote:IMPORTANT: Provide step-by-step DETAILS about your problem and how to reproduce it

1. Open the FL Studio browser
2. Navigate to the folder where your project files are stored
3. Right click an project file
4. Select "Open"
5. (not sure if that's important) Play the Song for some time (press space bar)
6. Go back to step 3 for different project files for 10-50 times

The memory usage should now be higher than if you load the project in a freshly started FL Studio.

Edit: I am using FL Studio 12.4 [Build 29] 64 bit, Signature Bundle.

Return to “Technical Support (FL Studio & Plugins)”