Bug Report 12.4.2

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
salParadise
Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:01 pm

x

Bug Report 12.4.2

Running 12.4.2 (Unpatched - but doesn't look covered in patch description) on Win7 Pro 64bit. E8500 Intel Dual Core 3.{something}ghz processor - 8gb ram
Emu 1616m with Sync Card
Lucid Gen 192 Master Clock

Steps to recreate: Loaded a plugin from GVST - http://www.gvst.co.uk/ called GMonoBass.

What happens:

* Windows Alert Dialogue saying "Address Violation of GmonoBass"
* First visual distortion is that when replacing Gmonobass with other plugin, GMonoBass left a small visual artifact behind saying it's name - a little gray window that's not really a window, because it can't be closed or moved, but essentially like a locked permanent tooltip.
* After that, any window I opened up would leave the same sort of artifact behind until there were about 10 "stuck" on the screen.
* In conjunction with the above, the animatable visual elements of the UI stopped moving - In other words, the Meters in plugins just displayed a frozen graph - same with the one in the toolbar. Also, anytime I tried to rotate a knob or move a lever or a button or anything like that, the result would happen (the lever would move or button or whatever), but I wouldn't see it move. For example, if I lowered the volume to 0, I wouldn't hear anything, but the volume control would still be frozen at wherever it started at - so the animation was happening beneath the surface, but not showing on the screen.
* Anyway - the upshot was massive visual distortions of the type mentioned above, and eventually I couldn't keep working.

- Incidentally, lest it remain unstated - the GVST plugins are very stable, and I've never had a problem with them before.

I'm not too worried about this, and I don't need a reply, but you're welcome to ask questions if it will help you debug. Just an fyi. Thanks

FidelityMusic
Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:57 pm

x

Re: Bug Report 12.4.2

Hello salParadise, Are you currently using 32b...

salParadise
Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:08 pm

x

32 Bit Version. After address violation. I th...

salParadise
Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:09 pm

x

Also, I haven't tried again since the error.

FidelityMusic
Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:37 pm

x

salParadise wrote:Also, I haven't tried again s...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”