Long format WAV clips that shift/expand/contract after editing

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
speerbot
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:20 pm

x

Long format WAV clips that shift/expand/contract after editing

One of the things I use FL Studio for is to edit a podcast. I use it to cut up the master WAV file and add in beats and FX. I have noticed an issue where I will put something in place only to find out later that some of my edits have shifted out of place, seemingly randomly throughout the entire file. For example, a cut between two different clips that used to line up perfectly, but now they overlap each other slightly. Or a sound effect that happens at the perfect moment, but then later it is moved slightly out of place, ruining the timing completely.

My original thought was user error... maybe I had something accidentally highlighted and moved it without realizing. But the issue happens VERY frequently. Then, I actually saw it happen. A few times when trimming the length or sliding a clip to a new spot, I would see another separate clip expand or contract slightly. If I caught it, I could hit undo and then repeat the action to make sure the shift did not occur. It's a very subtle shift, but when it happens it wreaks havoc on the timing at random spots throughout the entire file.

Is this due to the fact that I am starting with extremely long WAV files (sometimes hours long) and cutting it up and rearranging the slices? Is there a setting that could prevent this shifting from occurring or is FL simply not suited for editing long-format WAV files?

As part of my process, I now go through and check for these types of errors and do my best to fix before I export the file. But the frequency and randomness of the issue makes it difficult to even be sure that additional timing issues aren't being created even as I fix others. Any advice would be extremely helpful as being able to trust my edits won't change after I make them will save me tons of production time. Thanks!

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:15 pm

x

Re: Long format WAV clips that shift/expand/contract after editing

tenbucc2 wrote: ↑Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:44 pm I am ...

fredi_68
Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:56 pm

x

Re: Long format WAV clips that shift/expand/contract after editing

Same issue here. Can confirm the problem is not...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”