Microphone not working

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
skilzorz123
Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:50 am

x

Microphone not working

Hi everyone! My microphone is not working. I suspect something is broken but I thought I would bring things up here in case I haven't thought of anything. Please note that this setup DOES work for another non cardioid microphone I have.

Setup: AT 4040 cardioid microphone attached via xlr to Scarlett 2i2. Scarlett 2i2 connected to 2 monitors via xlr, headphones via headphone jack, and to my computer via USB. 48V phantom power button on scarlett 2i2 pressed and on.

In FL studio, in the channel editor, I select channel one, and select line 1 as input (microphone is plugged into line 1 input). I get no signal.

I get signal if I plug in another microphone (A senheiser 35s) which doesn't require phantom power with the exact same setup (phantom power on or off). I've tried different computer, different input jacks.

Would this indicate my phantom power is broken? I really hope this doesn't mean my microphone is broken :D

Any ideas appreciated,
Thanks in advance.
P

FidelityMusic
Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:01 am

x

Re: Microphone not working

Hello skilzorz123, As far as this pertains to ...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”