"Access Violation" on new computer

for all your technical questions

Return to “Technical Support (FL Studio & Plugins)”

Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Provide step-by-step DETAILS about your problem and how to reproduce it. A VIDEO is excellent (get a free recorder here - Upload the .swf format videos direct to the forum). Bugs will be fixed faster if you follow these suggestions. NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 11 pm CET), thank you.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
angelafung
Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:45 am

0 x

"Access Violation" on new computer

Hi there,

I recently got a sorely needed upgrade to a new macbook pro and transferred everything via wifi over to the new computer. I found out pretty quickly that FLS projects would not save on the new computer because it thought I was stealing the program. I did some digging and watched this Youtube video and followed the instructions:

i.e. removed FLS from my old computer, downloaded it on the new computer (even though it was technically already there from the data transfer), and then went to the question mark icon and logged into FLS with my image-line credentials.

Program restarts and from there it briefly seems like the problem is resolved. I'm able to make changes, save them, and use whatever plug ins I want. Today I opened up the project again and was working on it with no issues until I tried to use Parametric EQ 2 and I got an "access violation" pop up. Now I can't make any changes whatsoever, I can't save, I can't even play the project I was working on. I know image-line allows users to work from multiple machines (laptop, desktop etc.) so I don't understand why it thinks I'm stealing the software. I have only ever used it on these two machines. Please advise.

Thanks!

angelafung
Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:48 am

0 x

Re: "Access Violation" on new computer

Update - I restarted the program and it's worki...

reflex
Site Admin
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:20 am

0 x

What version of FL did you install exactly?If i...

reflex
Site Admin
Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:34 pm

0 x

angelafung wrote:It's the most recent versionCo...

Return to “Technical Support (FL Studio & Plugins)”