Recording audio in FL (not so obvious problem)

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Nitti Nit
Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:00 pm

x

Recording audio in FL (not so obvious problem)

Hi everyone!
I've got two issues with recording audio in FL Studio. I don't even know if it is possible to solve them so please tell me if that's the way it is.

First problem
How pick the exact track in playlist (not in mixer) which I want to record on? FL studio picks the first empty track but I want to choose it by myself.

Second problem
How to set recording audio to overlap on previous recorded track? For example - I'm recording guitar and I screwed up. Then I want to record it once again. And I want to click record button to record new guitar track on the previous one (and the previous one would being erased at the same time). This is the way how it works in other DAWs - for example, Cool Edit/Audition - you choose the track in playlist to record on and when you start recording once again it erases the previous one and only new one stays. And this is the way I really want to record in FL Studio. In FL Studio I must record track and if I want to try once again I must:
1. Ctrl+Z
2. Click OK
3. Start recording
I know it might seems silly, but when I record something by hours and hours, these first two steps can be really annoying.

I'm really satisfied with using FL Studio so I don't want to choose other DAW only because of that option.

Scott
Site Admin
Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:18 am

x

Re: Recording audio in FL (not so obvious problem)

Tip: Adding as many empty Playlist tracks (rig...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”