Audio I just recorded not matching tempo I played to???

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
CountBoogie
Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:57 am

x

Audio I just recorded not matching tempo I played to???

I'm new...duh and this one I HOPE is fixable.
I've recorded acoustic music in protools for decades so I know how to sing and play in time or to a click track.

I just got a PreSonus Audiobox iOne to record vocals and guitars directly into FL.

I got the sound, armed the insert, set the buffer size on my asioFL thingy to the lowest 256 setting, I hit record and set the audio to record to playlist, sing or play to the click track, listen to the click with one headphone ear off like a good boy and it records. Hooray!!

Then when I listen back it starts out off tempo and then catches up to tempo after a few seconds.

I worked around it a little by starting the recording a few seconds early before the vocals actually record and that mostly helps, but if
I'm just recording a 2 measure guitar loop...no way...I tried it it's awful.

I don't think it's the audiobox, but maybe it is. I have the Audiobox iTwo to record our podcast on, but I'm not talking to click tracks so I don't know.
The Mbox with protools has never had a problem like this.

I heard something about "time stretching" ...is there a setting that I'm not clicking?
Help me Obi Wan...you're my only hope!

I've been a voracious student of FL for 2 weeks with a cold/flu and I'm determined to take this journey into electronic music.
This is the very last step to start creating electronic songs with vocals and to have it not match up...is pretty maddening...lol
PLEASE PLEASE HELP FL Community...I swear I'm not very smart at this stuff but I'm putting in the time! :D
Thank you for whatever help you can offer.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”