No MIDI communication between controller & FL?

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Arkineer
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:45 pm

x

No MIDI communication between controller & FL?

So I was just doing some cable-cleanup behind my computer yesterday, and to my dismay after reconnecting my midi controller it no longer responds when connected to into FL studio. It still shows up as a USB2.0-MIDI (and the "Usb device found" jingle on windows plays) immediately upon connection, but after that it won't let me use it. I've tried numerous channels & projects to no avail, projects which worked with the midi controller flawlessly.

Some even as early as yesterday.

I have both versions 12.5.1 [build 165] and on an other computer v12.3 [build 72] which hasn't been updated in quite some time.

For my midi controller I use a Casio CTK-571, which I've connected an midi link cable which goes two ends (in & out) into the synthesizer and one usb-end into the computer. It has always functioned as a (generic controller) ever since 2012.

While both the cable and the synthesizer are years old by now, I doubt they are damaged as their succesful connection is indicated by both windows and FL studio right away. As of now compared to yesterday, no damage whatsoever has been applied to neither cable or synthesizer. (It has been moved and pushed around a thousand times over its lifetime though, though I find it bizarre if it'd kick the bucket just from an USB re-plug).

I tried to look for a way to factory reset the Casio, but I can't tell if if succeeded or not haha. I suspected the issue lies within it somewhere.
But I figured I'd take a shot here and see what you fellas have in mind on the matter!

Thanks a ton! :mrgreen:

Arkineer

NTO
Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:14 pm

x

Re: No MIDI communication between controller & FL?

Did you have occasion to re-plug at the Casio? ...

NTO
Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:12 pm

x

Re: No MIDI communication between controller & FL?

What is this USB/Midi device? I don't understa...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”