lots of issues since I've the scarlett 18i20 2nd gen

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
musicalcem
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:41 pm

x

lots of issues since I've the scarlett 18i20 2nd gen

Hi all,
First problem I had which is now solved. The Focusrite control (I/O routing software) was always writing no hardware connected message. It was solved by dowloading an older version of the software (2.3.2 instead of 2.3.3)
Second problem: When I listen to something comming from the computer (like youtube for example) I always get cracks and pops, like if the sound was slowing down for a very small amount of time, and with cracks. still not solved...
Third problem (now regarding FL studio) I own version 12.4.1 by the way.
So the issue is that I have is that my time position marker (green vertical line) that keeps blinking like crazy when I hit the play button, it works but it's very annoying still get cracks sometimes. I've solved it by changing (in the audio settings) the playback tracking from "driver" to "hybrid" or "mixer".But I don't know what's all that? From what I've read, it's the interaction of Fl studio/windows with the focusrite soundcard. So that's not very comforting to know that when you set it to the focusrite driver you get cracks and blinking stuff...
fourth problem: I have the symphonic choirs vst from East West and it was all working fine with my previous sound card, which was the focusurite saffire 6, but since I have installed the 18i20, I can't type anything in the wordbuilder part anymore. The wordbuilder is now paralysed. I can load phrases but when it comes to typing words with the keybord... it won't.
So all this is pretty annoying it's been more than a week now that I'm trying to find a solution to all this with the focusrite tech support and they are not able to solve anything except the first problem which was solved by them. So I'm really considering getting rid of this interface... but I'm very disappointed.
Please any help would be greatly appreciated.
regards

musicalcem
Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:49 pm

x

Re: lots of issues since I've the scarlett 18i20 2nd gen

little capture of the issues
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”