FL studio keeps crashing possibly due to third party vsts

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
flawe
Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:19 pm

x

FL studio keeps crashing possibly due to third party vsts

Hey guys,

I run FL Studio 12.5.1.165 64 bit Signature Bundle on Windows 10 pro, i7 8700k, 32gb ram. I have a project I'm working on that's in its final stages and it's a bit bloated, though cpu and ram is not the issue. Whenever I have this project running, FL Studio keeps crashing after a couple of minutes. Once the crash happens, I need to restart my PC as System Interrupts spike at 100% cpu usage every couple of seconds which makes the machine unusable.

As a test, I've had some FL demo projects run for a few hours with no issues, which leads me to believe the crash is caused by the vsts I use. I have multiple instances of the following third party vsts active:

FabFilter Pro-Q 2, Pro-R, Pro-L 2, Pro-MB, Simplon, Saturn, Timeless 2
Serum
Massive
LFO Tool
OTT
Sonnox Oxford Inflator
Sonnox Oxford Limiter
Cytomic The Glue
Soundtoys Decapitator
Mastering The Mix Levels
Magic AB
Waves Torque running in the Waveshell

They're all 64 bit and updated to the latest versions as per their respective websites.

I've tried running with ASIO2ALL, FL Studio ASIO, as well as through DirectSound straight to the device without any change in behavior. There's always a crash after a couple of minutes, if not even sooner.

The project wasn't always this unstable, it definitely feels like it's gotten worse with size, which is the reason I suspect one or some of the vsts. I'm going to try and disable the vsts to see if I can narrow down the cause, but it's very difficult to use this project at the moment. I even got a crash clicking through the mixer channels while I was writing down the vsts used to put in this post. I was hoping someone might have experienced something similar and has any recommendations to try?

Thanks for your time and help!

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”