Waves Plugins Alternating Between Shell-less and WavesShell Mode

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
ecstipan
Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:54 am

x

Waves Plugins Alternating Between Shell-less and WavesShell Mode

I’m doing a clean install/PC Build and am in the middle of reinstalling all of my plugins. I currently am having an issue with Waves V9. Most of my old projects use Waves V9.6, and I was able to migrate those plugins to the newer 9.92 on my old machine. However, now with only 9.92 installed, the older projects that use 9.6 don’t automatically upgrade their shell version to 9.92 when loading. I no longer have access to my old machine to perform this upgrade process on all of my old projects. Is there a way to do this “upgrade” without downgrading my Waves version or running two simultaneous versions?

Somewhat related to the above problem, for my newer projects that were made using 9.91 WavesShell instead of discrete 9.92 plugins, all of these now load a blank FruityWrapper in place. These projects also do not throw errors when loading, although nether the discrete plugin versions or WavesShell 9.92 load.

I’ve tried all combinations of VST scan settings, and I can’t seem to make everything load consistently. Waves was installed to the default install path through Waves Central, and the folder has been added to FL's Plugin Manager. Any suggestions?
fl_waves_vst_scan.jpg
IN SHORT:

1) My projects with Waves 9.6 plugins give the error 'The WaveShell-VST 9.6_x64 plugin could not be found'.
2) My projects with Waves 9.91 plugins give NO error, and simply load as Fruity Wrapper instead.
3) New instances of Waves 9.92, when inserted by me into a new project, DO load.

Software Specs:
  • Waves Version 9.92
  • Waves Central Version 1.3.5.5
  • FL Studio Version 12.5.1 Build 165
  • OS Version WIndows 10 Pro Build 16299
Hardware Specs:
  • Intel Core i9 7940X
  • 64 GB DDR4 2400 MHz
Waves Install Path:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\WavesShells V9\
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Halojen
Sat May 05, 2018 5:30 am

x

This exact same thing has ruined my day as well...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”