LFO Tool Going Out Of Time (PDC Problem)

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
RyosOfficial
Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:29 am

x

LFO Tool Going Out Of Time (PDC Problem)

Hi,

I've been running into this problem lately in my projects where my sidechain plugins go out of time. I've learned as much as I could regarding PDC in FL Studio, but I'm a bit stuck on this. I've recreated this situation super quickly in a brand new project, so don't mind the bad production. Basically in this scenario, if I have more than one sound that I want to bus, and then I want to place a latency heavy effect on only one track in the group, it throws everything off. Check out the attached video to see exactly what I'm talking about. In this case, I have "Lead" being routed to a reverb send, a delay send, and then to a "Lead Mix." The reverb & delay is also being routed only to the "Lead Mix." I have the "2nd Lead" routed in the same way (reverb, delay, mix.) On the "Lead Mix" track, I have an instance of LFO Tool that is sidechaining all the leads. Now when I enable Soundshifter that is on the "2nd Lead," which is an extremely latency heavy plugin on only the 2nd lead, it delays the sound a lot and makes everything sound completely off beat. When I turn off the LFO Tool, the "2nd Lead" is back in time as demonstrated. As soon as I turn the LFO Tool back on, it goes out of sync again. I've tried this with Kickstart and Volume Shaper, so I don't believe this is an issue with LFO Tool. Now I've used the Soundshifter as an example since it's so latency heavy that I can clearly show what's happening. But in a realistic scenario, if I want to use only a stereo imager from Izotope or a multiband compressor from FabFilter (both cause a bit of latency) on one sound in a group, it would make only that sound out of sync when reaching the "Lead Mix" and not the other sounds in the group. Hopefully in combination with this description and the video, you're able to see the problem I have - I'm not sure if maybe I'm missing an easy fix, but any help or insight would be massively appreciated!

P.S: I've already tried the solution of using an LFO Tool on every track and placing it BEFORE the latency heavy plugin, and while this does in fact keep it in time, it sometimes produces an undesired effect depending on the plugin being placed before the LFO Tool. For example, if it's a compressor that I'm placing after the LFO Tool, the compressor will mess with the already sidechained signal and now this signal won't be the same as another sound with the same sidechain settings but without the latency heavy plugin. Basically, this just makes things sound not as glued, and I'd prefer to have every sound I want to be sidechained to be sidechained in the same way.

Appreciate your time, have a great day!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeronenl
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:38 pm

x

Re: LFO Tool Going Out Of Time (PDC Problem)

I am running fl 20 but this problem still exist...

Jeronenl
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:51 pm

x

Me and some other users have more problems with...

Scott
Site Admin
Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:09 am

x

tranceemerson wrote:Jeronenl wrote:I am running...

Scott
Site Admin
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:26 am

x

Jeronenl wrote:The only thing is that when i re...

Jeronenl
Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:38 pm

x

Ok, thanks Scott, ans where can i set this inpu...

Scott
Site Admin
Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:13 am

x

Jeronenl wrote:Ok, thanks Scott, ans where can ...

Jeronenl
Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:44 am

x

But this INPUT PDC is already automatic (orange...

Scott
Site Admin
Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:19 am

x

Jeronenl wrote:But this INPUT PDC is already au...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”