Crackling, Popping, LOTS of Under-Runs

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Conway2709
Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:06 pm

x

Crackling, Popping, LOTS of Under-Runs

What’s up everyone! Hopefully some of you may know how to fix my problems, I have searched through the forums and tried everything that I’ve seen - but the issue is still there.

Here’s what’s going on, certain VST’s like (Dune 2, Electra2) makes cracking and popping noises on certain sounds. There are also times where the sound “drops out” and gets quieter and louder at times. There are also 2 versions of Electra2 on my PC, one just says “Electra2” the other says “Electra2 - 64bit”. The other day when I tried to load the regular “Electra2” it says “The plug-in could not be found” and shows up in my channel rack as red. I have not deleted the plugin off my PC or changed anything. Although the 64 bit version of Electra2 will work? Should I be worried or just use the 64 bit? I wonder if that is the reason some of my sounds have issues, as some of them are from an expansion pack I bought.

The laptop I am using is the Razer Blade Pro, i7 processor, 64 bit processor, 16GB of RAM.

When I downloaded FL Studio it gave me two versions, the regular one and then one labeled “64 bit”.

I use the regular one not labeled 64 bit, although I have used both and did not notice a difference. Although when I use the regular version, some sounds will say “bridged”.

When I go to audio settings - it will say anywhere from 250-450 under-runs. And I have no idea what could be causing these under-runs, or why I am having these issues. I just want the sounds I want to use to sound how they should and no sound interference.

I will say that I use the template that already has a Fruity Limiter on the Master Track. When I first discovered the problem I went into the mixer and turned off all effects and the problem seemed to go away. And then after that I narrowed it down to the Fruity Limiter on the Master Track, and it appeared to minimize the problem.

If anyone could advise me on what steps to take, I would appreciate it! I’ve spent nearly 3k on this setup and would love to have it run properly & I am hoping this is just user-error.

Thanks!!

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”