Plugin Manager stuck/glitching

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
brentonhamono
Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:53 pm

x

Plugin Manager stuck/glitching

Hey everybody,

I am having BIG problems with FL Studio at the moment.

Before I get into the fine details I'd just like to say that I now have a strong disdain for Waves software because it is their software that got me into this hair pulling situation to begin with.

My specs:
Windows 7 Pro - 64 bit.
16 GB of RAM
FL Studio Producer Edition 12.5 [Build 59] - 32 bit

Alright so some of you may be aware that once a project in FL exceeds a certain amount of ram (in my case about 2.1 GB) if you save the project and then later try to open it, during the plugin loading stage, a Waves license error appears stating that the license is "invalid" ...which is of course not the case. The software is basically sh***ing itself because of the ram usage.

The Waves error window that comes up has two buttons. 'Skip' and 'Rescan Licenses'. Both of these options are useless as they result in FL crashing.

So thanks to Waves and their complex licensing/crappy software, I now have two very important FL projects that I can no longer open.

After doing a lot of reading on various forums I have discovered that this problem (which also occurs in other DAW's) dates back to 2015. So this s**t has been going on for years and they don't seem to be concerned in the slightest about it. In fact, the first time I encountered this problem (last year) they simply told me that they "Don't support FL Studio". How convenient.

In addition to the license error in FL, I am never able to update Waves plugins using the 'Waves Central' program. It gets to a certain point and then comes up with an error which links me to a troubleshooting webpage. In the past I have followed the troubleshooting steps to no avail.

Waves tech support claim that the inability to update through Waves Central is 'usually due to a network error' but I cannot see why the program couldn't just keep trying until all files have been downloaded. It really doesn't make sense.

So what they offer as an alternative is an offline installer, which is a 3.1 gig download. Not so great for those of us with a slow connection.

Last year I used their offline installer and updated the waves plugins and it did in fact fix the bull**** license error. This time around, due to my slow connection I decided to try a different approach to fixing the problem so I opened FL plugin manager and started a scan with 'Verify Plugins' enabled. This was a grave mistake.....

After a couple of minutes into the scanning process, most of my screen went black and the taskbar had moved to the top of the screen, while the start menu button remained at the bottom (which is just a visual glitch as far as I can discern) When it gets to this point I cannot do anything at all. Not even CTRL+SHIFT+ESC. The only option is a hard reboot which obviously isn't ideal.

What's worse is that since doing that scan with verify plugins enabled, any attempt to scan plugins with it disabled doesn't do anything. If I now try to scan with verify plugins disabled all of the plugins disappear from the list and they don't start reappearing.

So to put it simply, I am at a loss as to what to do now. Should I attempt a scan with verify plugins enabled and leave it running overnight or would I be wasting my time? My HDD light does seem to be blinking every second or so.... so maybe it IS actually still doing the scan.

One bizarre thing that I did notice is that at the start of the verify plugins scan, most plugins were reappearing in the list as 'error'. I'm not sure why they would be doing that.

I reeeeeally don't want to have to uninstall/reinstall FL and all of my plugins because that would be a nightmare.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

brentonhamono
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:29 pm

x

Re: Plugin Manager stuck/glitching

Update -------- Thankfully I have been able to...

angel bulbhead
Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:07 pm

x

Re: Plugin Manager stuck/glitching

Waves plugin issue. Don't use them myself but i...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”