FL 20 Can't have internal MIDI routing to work with Scaler

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Feline-Phase
Sun May 27, 2018 8:48 pm

x

FL 20 Can't have internal MIDI routing to work with Scaler

Hello,
I'm considering buying Scaler and I was trying it out (i.e. i use a demo version for now) and I'm pretty disappointed to realise it does not seem to work as it should. So I set the output port of Scaler to any numer and copy that number as input port on the target plugin but no sound comes out.
I tried directly from channel rack (scaler on channel rack output port 1 any inst input port 1) and with patcher also (with no midi setting and then doing as previously mentioned).
I see that on scaler there is an Event Bus: MIDI Input in the MIDI settings which I understand is there because scaler is VST3. But on some Arturia Plugin it displays MIDI In instead. Supposedly when I hover on the control I should be able to select the event bus but does not react.

So I'm wondering why is one plugin saying MIDI Input while the other just say MIDI In?
Is there a way to load a specific version of the VST (to try if it reacts the same with the VST2 version)?
Something else I don't know if it is related to the issue or a new design of FL 20 or a problem is if I deactivate the sound in channel rack they will still sound anyway. The only way is to set a mixer track and mute.

I add a screenshot:
You can see the MIDI settings and also that even-though every instrument is muted in the channel rack it is still heard in the mixer master channel.
isitbroken.jpg
Regards,

EDIT: Forgot to say it is FL 20 build 445 64bit. You can see it on the screen-shot but for the sake of making it visible.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Scott
Site Admin
Tue May 29, 2018 4:44 am

x

Re: FL 20 Can't have internal MIDI routing to work with Scaler

Hi. Can you make a link to this 'Scaler' plugin...

Teksonik
Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:43 pm

x

Scaler works fine here with third party plugins...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Feline-Phase
Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:34 pm

x

Hi, Just as I mentioned it works on my side. S...

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:06 am

x

Gtarabotto wrote: ↑Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:04 pm I a...

camma
Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:45 am

x

Hello I am having the same issue using Patcher...

Gernot
Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:00 am

x

Hello. Why putting Scaler or other plugins in ...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”