Problems with FL Studio audio distortion/static

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
sterlingsilva92
Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:33 pm

x

Problems with FL Studio audio distortion/static

Hello all. I recently got my new laptop and have been having some issues with FL Studio on it. These issues primarily have to do with very sudden sound distortion and static that doesn't seem to have an easy fix. FL is the only program I encounter this issue in and it's very disruptive to the creative process because I usually have to completely restart my laptop to fix it. As a side note the version I am using is FL Studio 11 due to it being my preference, however I do not believe the version is causing the problem. I could be wrong though.

My old laptop was an awful HP laptop with an i3 processor and Windows 7 that I never had these issues with. I've upgraded now to a Dell XPS 15 with an i7 8th gen processor and Windows 10 OS. This has made it much easier to work on music, but new problems have come around.

Recently, I've been having a problem with the audio in FL Studio. Everything will be fine for maybe 20-30 minutes and then I will run into this problem where all the sounds in FL Studio will be distorted and nothing but static plays out of my Presonus Eris E3.5 monitors. Closing FL and opening it again does not fix this. If I click on any sound or if I hear the sound upon opening FL for example, it will be distorted like crazy. If I try to play anything in pattern or song mode, nothing but static will come out of my speakers. I believe the static is only coming out of one speaker as well.

As far as DETAILS: Usually it will happen around 20-30 minutes after working in FL Studio. I've also noticed it tends to happen more when I'm multitasking such as trying to find a file for the beat I'm working on or checking something on the internet. Sometimes it will happen upon opening a previous FLP after working on a different one for the past 15-20 minutes.

I've read online that it could be an issue with ASIO4ALL but I've updated it to a newer version and am still experiencing problems. I've also heard that something called spatial sound can cause issues. Another issue I thought of is that I'm using 32 bit FL on a 64 bit operating system, but then I was thinking that if that was the problem then it wouldn't work for me at all. One other issue I've thought of is that it's something related to Windows 10 but I've noticed that several of the producers I follow use Windows 10 with no issues.

I'm at a bit of a loss on what to do here. If further specs are needed, please let me know. I would love to figure out the issue and why this is occurring. Any further information that I can provide, please let me know. Thank you very much.

Phil.flp
Technical Support
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:43 pm

x

Re: Problems with FL Studio audio distortion/static

Hi, both Asio4all & FL Studio Asio can be ...

Milinor
Technical Support
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:43 am

x

saintsalad wrote: ↑Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:29 pm I h...

Milinor
Technical Support
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:22 pm

x

JAN CAES wrote: ↑Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:20 pm I had...

Milinor
Technical Support
Tue May 25, 2021 7:28 am

x

Astrydax wrote: ↑Sat May 22, 2021 1:57 am Milin...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”