Massive GUI Lag While Song Is Playing

Please report Windows related issues here

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
WE NEED DETAILS!

We appreciate your frustration when things don't work as you expected. However, please help us to help you by following these suggestions:

1. Update - Before anything else, download and install the latest version of FL Studio from here. Your bug may be fixed already!
  2. Specific information - a) FL Studio version & build number, b) what you are doing and what happens exactly, c) step-by-step instructions how reproduce the problem.
  3. Screenshots - Another great way to demonstrate issues. Get a free screenshot app here. Include images using the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  4. A video - The best way of demonstrating many issues. Get a free recorder here. Include mp4 videos to your post from the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  5. Use English - Google Translate your post. Short simple sentences in your original language translate best. We are happy to work this way, no need to worry.

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm Central European Time), thank you.

ALL posts made in this forum are 'Private' so that only you and staff can see them. This allows sharing of personal data, projects and other information. Posts are generally made public after they are marked 'Solved' AND there was no personal data contained in them.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
DJPatrickHughes
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:04 pm

x

Massive GUI Lag While Song Is Playing

Hello,

I recently installed FL Studio on a new computer and I'm having massive GUI lag whenever I press play on a track even if it only has a few instruments and a few effects. The audio is completely fine with no pops or anything but while playing the green progress bar jumps along lagging and if I try to adjust any parameters or do anything within FL while the track plays it is massively delayed.

I'm using a brand new computer that shouldn't have any issues at all handling the load and my cpu is running very cool with no issues and the load section in FL is showing very little load. I've also made sure all of my cpu and gpu drivers are up to date as well. I'm using the FL Studio ASIO and I've also tried using ASIO4All and I've tried every combo of buffer size but that hasn't fixed the GPU lag I'm having. Below are my computer specifications for reference

CPU - Intel 7820X
CPU Cooler - ThermalTake 320mm AIO
RAM - 64GB (16x4) Corsair Vengence RGB
Motherboard - MSI Tomahawk X299
GPU - MSI Duke 1080TI x2 SLI
SSD - Samsung 970 evo m.2 1TB SSD
Windows 10

I'm not sure if there is some setting I'm missing that could fix my GUI lag or if there is another driver or something I can download but I'm getting terrible lag on tracks that even my old laptop with no where near the specs handles fine so something is going on I'm just not sure what. Thanks for the help!

Scott
Site Admin
Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:27 am

x

Re: Massive GUI Lag While Song Is Playing

Check Audio Settings > Playback tracking >...

RedKev
Tue May 28, 2019 9:42 pm

x

DJPatrickHughes wrote:Just posting an update wi...

Robiaster
Technical Support
Wed May 29, 2019 7:53 am

x

Sorry for following up. Could you let me know ...

stefanhoen
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:04 pm

x

RedKev wrote:DJPatrickHughes wrote:Just posting...

Simpleviajero
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:22 pm

x

DJPatrickHughes wrote:Just posting an update wi...

Evyi
Technical Support
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:33 pm

x

quote from Simpleviajero I have the same proble...

fedoro
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:01 am

x

Yo guys, I tried all out, the sound is still pl...

Evyi
Technical Support
Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:01 pm

x

This should only happen if a lot of plugins are...

Futuremotion
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:51 pm

x

DJPatrickHughes wrote: ↑Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:40 p...

Evyi
Technical Support
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:31 pm

x

Futuremotion wrote: I am having the exact same ...

Futuremotion
Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:32 am

x

I did post a new topic about it, but the thread...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”