Underrruns in Edison at 3% CPU and 512 samples

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
turqoisehex
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:50 am

x

Underrruns in Edison at 3% CPU and 512 samples

FL Studio 20 Producer Edition v20.0.5 [build 681]
Fireface UCX interface

Recording into Edison from a mic hooked into the UCX produces underruns, about one every second, even at 3% CPU usage and 512 samples. Every other plugin is disabled, and the enable smart disable macro is enabled (cuz why not?), and the project in general is fairly light. I'm at 4gb of 16gb ram used. Hard disk is a WD 500gb M.2 (lightning fast).

If there's a way for me to output the exact list of plugins that are currently instantiated let me know, I don't know where to find that. Again, plugins are disabled on every other channel, and every generator/channel is disabled except for a backing track which is 320 MP3. There are two instances of Kontakt 5 and 3 instances of synths from the Arturia V Collection (disabled).

Nothing else is running on the machine except for totalmix (the controller for the interface) and the machine is in airplane mode.

If I increase to 1024 samples, the underruns seem to go away, but then I'm at 48ms latency which is unacceptable. If I disk record, no underrruns. If I have Edison open but not recording, no underruns. If I start a new project and record into Edison, no underruns, but that would be extremely inconvenient (Might as well record in Ableton or Reaper if I have to do that, or hell even Audacity). I have tried to switch the format to 16bit mono, but as soon as I hit record it goes back to 32bit stereo (Oh my!?)

I've never had this problem before, any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Scott
Site Admin
Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:15 am

x

Re: Underrruns in Edison at 3% CPU and 512 samples

What ASIO Driver are you using? The FireFace? D...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

turqoisehex
Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:07 pm

x

Re: Underrruns in Edison at 3% CPU and 512 samples

In a project with other plugins it was dropping...
Last edited by turqoisehex on Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”