Time Signatures Out-of-sync

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Hyperfreak
Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:28 pm

x

Time Signatures Out-of-sync

Hello! I'd like to start by thanking you all for including a time signature option in the laatest major version -- it's a long-needed improvement. That said, I'm having a few problems with it.

It seems the DAW has some internal way of keeping track of pulse, and while my metronome does happily conform through changing meters, I've noticed that at times a few pieces can get out-of-sync. Here are my reproduction instructions:

1. Create a new project and create a time signature marker at the beginning of measure 1 in 4/4 time.
2. A few bars in, add a time signature change to 7/8 for one bar, followed by one measure of 3/4, and then one measure of 5/4.
3. At some point after the bar of 7/8, in most cases, subsequent time markers will be one eighth note shifted earlier on the timeline than where they should be placed.

This is annoying, but the problem actually extends further -- plugins which play patterns based on the pulse from the DAW actually get out-of-sync past that point in the track. For instance, my instance of RealGuitar, which is given block chords in the piano roll and set to a strum pattern, will begin every pattern an eighth note late after that point in the track, though in pattern mode it will continue to start playing back correctly on beat one.

I'm including a GIF of the problem with the timeline. I'm happy to also include a video including audio of the pattern problem upon request.

Thanks!

Alphons
Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:14 am

x

Re: Time Signatures Out-of-sync

You are using an a bit outdated version. Could ...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”