slicing items in parent track also cuts items in all hidden group tracks both above and below target lane

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
nu.id
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:30 pm

x

slicing items in parent track also cuts items in all hidden group tracks both above and below target lane

When cutting playlist items on one lane, it will also cut hidden items in all the hidden/collapsed lanes both above and below it. Sometimes you don't even realize it until you open up those collapsed lanes and find clips in multiple lanes cut to pieces.

I am wondering if this is a bug or simply how the hidden lanes work at the moment. This forces the user to open up all hidden/collapsed tracks both above and below the target lane before making any slicing edits

I've attached 2 pictures to show I mean. In the first picture i've carefully cut out a piece of a pattern clip, being very careful to avoid the slice tool crossing over onto any lanes other than the one I am working on. In the second picture, you can see the result of this action when expanding the hidden lanes both above and below
a.png
b.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”