Audio Track + Varying Tempo + Transport = Sync Loss

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
ahughes
Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:09 pm

x

Audio Track + Varying Tempo + Transport = Sync Loss

Hi Everyone,

I originally posted this on the Users' Forum to see if I was missing a workaround. It sounds like this may be a technical bug(?).

I love FLStudio but I have a weird problem and was wondering if anyone had ideas on what I may be missing. It involves a simple audio track, a Tempo midi file, and the Transport.
1) I take a simple audio .mp3 and analyze it with Celemony's Melodyne Editor. It does a pretty good job of analyzing the tempo and it exports a tempo midi file.
2) I import that tempo midi file into my FLStudio 20.1.1 and place it in the playlist.
3) I then drag the audio .mp3 onto the playlist.
4) I make sure the start positions of the tempo and the audio tracks are aligned correctly.
5) Enable the metronome
6) Start playback from the beginning.

At this point I hear the metronome in perfect sync with the audio, adjusting to the tempo variations, and consistent all throughout the song. Life is good.

Now here is the problem... if I stop playback and move the transport position to somewhere in the middle of the song, then hit play, the audio will be OUT of sync with the metronome.

I have tried everything I can think of... Mixer/Hybrid/Driver, different audio drivers, Resample/Stretch/legacy/etc, record the .mp3 into FLStudio, convert events to automation clip, etc. The only thing that seems to make a difference is that I can right-click on the "Time" knob in channel settings of the audio, select "none", then select "Project Tempo" and sometimes the audio will pop into sync at the marker position, but not all the time and not in all positions.

Is there something I am missing here, or is this a known issue with FLStudio that I missed in my research (my issue is much simpler than the ones I have read), or something else?

This affects how I can do punches and edits within the project that contains both audio and midi.

Thanks in advance,
Art

ahughes
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:31 pm

x

Re: Audio Track + Varying Tempo + Transport = Sync Loss

@Robiaster: Thanks for the response. I do not u...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Scott
Site Admin
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:46 am

x

Re: Audio Track + Varying Tempo + Transport = Sync Loss

On the Channel Settings set Stretch. See the...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”