CPU persistently over 70%

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
j.colina
Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:56 pm

x

CPU persistently over 70%

Hello,

Note: I use a Razer Blade 15” (only couple of months old) with an upgraded 1tb Samsung 960 pro SSD, and use a Scarlet 2 Focusrite Soundcard.

I have been experiencing a couple of issues lately.

1. My CPU on FL is always above 70% on playback, despite only having a couple of midi melody loops and drum pattern in midi. I have tried changing the Audio settings following the suggestions of the knowledge base on the website, I have tried Asio4all/ FL Asio/ Focusrite Asio, gradually changing the buffer size from 512 onwards and monitoring CPU performance on each setting.

The differences between all drivers and settings is less than 10% (still above 70% CPU). I have set the power performance setting to high and screen resolution is at default settings as suggested on the article when Razer users were getting free FL studio software. I have also reinstalled the drivers multiple times. Nothing has solved this issue.

Funny thing is I initially used FL on a 2015 MacBook Air 13”; which is supposedly alot less powerful than this Razer, and CPU back then almost never went above 60%, even with more complex projects...

2. When buffer size is set at 512, sound clips and pops in FL, but works fine at 1024 (CPU still above 70% CPU though).

But when i step out of FL and play music on spotify or watch videos online, the sound clips and pops at 1024, but works fine at 512...

There must be a way to fix this and have it at a setting where it works for anything? Please help, I do not know how to fix these issues.

Scott
Site Admin
Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:18 am

x

Re: CPU persistently over 70%

Start here in the manual. Optimizing FL Studio...

j.colina
Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:32 am

x

Yes Scott, as mentioned in my original post, I ...

Scott
Site Admin
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:08 am

x

So 'Tools > Macros > Switch smart disable...

j.colina
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:04 am

x

Sorry for the lare reply, didnt have my compute...

j.colina
Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:38 pm

x

Hi IRelevant, Please see the attached photos ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Scott
Site Admin
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:24 am

x

j.colina wrote:Hi IRelevant, Please see the a...

j.colina
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:40 am

x

Hello Scott, I actually activated that right be...

Alphons
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:43 pm

x

Does this happen in all projects or is it just ...

j.colina
Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:37 pm

x

I see, I will keep that in mind from now on. I...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”