20.1.2 Loop step channels treats all channels as step channels if they have no notes

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
ALFR3DO
Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:47 am

x

20.1.2 Loop step channels treats all channels as step channels if they have no notes

I'm not sure if it was already reported, but I couldn't find thread with it. If you turn on looping mode in default loop step channels mode, all channels without data (steps or notes) are treated as step channels. If you add new channel, it starts being treated as step channel. Adding notes doesn't change this behaviour, so you have to manually disable looping for the channel. Also looping behaves in a different way than normal notes looping because it ignores note length. Moreover, deleting note data and using steps makes it possible to turn off and on looping and channel will be treated as step channel, but you can't make it work properly with on and off method if channel was treated as step channel at least once - it will always be treated as step channel. Here is video with simplified situation in which I've found the bug:
2019-02-21 01-54-53.mp4
And here is video that tries to show that once mode is set to step channel it doesn't change back:
2019-02-21 02-39-16.mp4
EDIT: At this point I'm not even sure if it's a bug or not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”