FL Studio 20 Upgrade - High underruns

Please report Windows related issues here

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Provide step-by-step DETAILS about your problem and how to reproduce it. A VIDEO is excellent (get a free recorder here - Upload mp4 format videos direct to the forum). Get a great free screenshot app here. Bugs will be fixed faster if you follow these suggestions. NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm CET), thank you.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Torgot
Mon May 27, 2019 1:34 am

0 x

FL Studio 20 Upgrade - High underruns

I have been using FL Studio 12.02 for over a year now, never had an issue with underruns. At most the underruns would reach 10-20 while working on a project.
Since updating to FL Studio 20 (I'm now using 20.1.2) I have crazy high underruns. Just launching FL Studio creates 30 underruns, opening Parametric EQ 2 creates another 10 underruns, changing presets in plugins adds another 3 underruns. This was never an issue in FL Studio 12.

I am using Windows 10 64-bit, CPU is i7 3770K, 16 GB Ram, GPU is AMD Radeon HD 7950, interface is Focusrite Scarlett 2i4.
I have tested both FL Studio 12 and FL Studio 20 with the exact same settings in my interface (44.1 kHz sample rate, 512 buffer size). In FL 12 I have almost no underruns, in FL 20 it's crazy high, easily gets up to a few hundred within minutes of being in a project.

For audio device I have Focusrite USB ASIO selected and Focusrite drivers are installed correctly from their website. I have tested out ASIO4ALL v2 and FL Studio ASIO, but the same issue occurs. Whenever I change my buffer length the underruns reset to 0, but within minutes they are back in the high hundreds.

Also I have tried all three types of playback tracking: driver, hybrid, mixer. All of them have the same issue.
Also I have tried using FL, FL (scaled), FL64, FL 64 (scaled) and they all have the same issue.

Somebody please help? If I cannot find a solution for this, I will have to uninstall FL 20 and just keep using FL Studio 12.02.

Robiaster
Mon May 27, 2019 5:18 am

0 x

Re: FL Studio 20 Upgrade - High underruns

Is this with an empty project or with with the ...

Torgot
Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:14 pm

0 x

Hi, this is both with empty and full projects. ...

Robiaster
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:54 pm

0 x

Generally you shouldn't have underruns there, j...

Torgot
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:30 pm

0 x

Hi, I'm using FL Studio Producer Edition v20.1....

Torgot
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:13 am

0 x

Hi, I hope you saw my above reply and looked at...

Robiaster
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:39 pm

0 x

Could you check if this issue persists in the l...

Torgot
Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:50 pm

0 x

The beta actually ran a lot better! I'm still g...

Robiaster
Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:13 pm

0 x

We don't give out exact release dates, but we a...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”