Can't see my events in the event editor, but they're still there in playback

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
ljones86
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:23 am

x

Can't see my events in the event editor, but they're still there in playback

Info: I downloaded and installed the latest version of FL studio a few days ago.

TL;DR - It appears I was launching Pattern B's event editor from within Pattern A's FLEX interface, and the event editor was also telling me it was for Pattern A.

Edit4: Got it. Mystery solved. I had the events tied to Pattern A. So when I clicked that channel in the channel rack that hosts Pattern A's FLEX synth, Pattern A's FLEX synth popped up. But because Pattern B was selected in the pattern pane to the left of the playlist (in what amounts to the background application at that juncture,) I was actually launching pattern B's event editor from pattern A's synth. I can edit pattern A by making sure it's selected it the pattern pane before launching the event editor from within the synth.

What made it most confusing was that the event editor said it was for Pattern A, even though it wasn't. The only reason I figured it out is because I went to pattern playback and the playback was for Pattern B..

Edit3: So I closed the event editor, closed the FLEX synth, then closed the application. Opened the application, loaded the project. I change playback to "pattern." In the channel mixer, I click the track name. The FLEX synth comes up with the right settings for the pattern. I press play, and it plays back a different pattern that consists of a second FLEX synth with completely different settings.

Edit2: I restarted the application, and the hint pane now says that the event editor's "measure 1" starts just over a minute into the song. There's only 53 seconds of audio in the whole thing. The event editor seems to have tired of my figuring out the learning curve and decided to go work on something else without me. Maybe it's for the better. I'm still open to advice on getting it to come back, though.

Edit: Okay, so the event editor's "measure 1" actually comes in somewhere around the 38 second mark. Just before one of the event transitions. Even putting aside the fact that the event editor won't show me anything before this point, I should be seeing loads of pink right around the point where it does actually decide to start.

I've been playing with pitch events over a sustained FLEX track. The events trigger in playback, but I want to go back in and make a few tweaks. I right-click on the "pitch" knob on the FLEX synth, click "edit events," and there's nothing there. I press the play button, hoping for a green bar in the event editor that I can follow, and it never shows up. I zoom to a point where I can see +507 to -507 cents above and below the center line, use the arrow to scroll to the right. I scroll way past the number of measures that are in the song and back, and my pink events just are not there, nor is the green bar showing where playback is at on the track. It's like the event editor just says "nah, this track's fine, move on n00b." And maybe it's right, but I just don't think it should get the power to make that decision. Hopefully I'm missing something obvious like the last time the event editor confused me. Does anybody have any ideas?
Last edited by ljones86 on Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

ljones86
Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:22 am

x

Re: Can't see my events in the event editor, but they're still there in playback

Here's video. It's in .flv. I hope I don't have...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”