Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
MusicMaker123
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:28 pm

x

Crossfading lead vocal comp

Hi,

I have been comping a lead vocal and would like to add cross-fades between the audio clips. Using Pro Tools in the past I could simply click and drag from the corner of an audio clip to create a cross-fade, and would have accurate control over the length of the fade (and type of fade in settings). FL Studio doesn't seem to have a tool like this, which I found useful for workflow.

My issue with using the de-click setting for audio clips in FL is that it applies the fade not only to the current clip but to other parts of the vocal I have chopped up to use in other sections but which share the same audio clip originally. For example, if I apply a de-click cross-fade on a specific vocal part in Verse 1, several cross-fades appear in other sections of the song where I do not want them because they share the same audio file. This means I have to make all the cut up audio clips unique before applying the de-clicking setting, which slows me down and creates a bunch of new audio clips. Or instead I have to create manual cross-fades with normal automation clips, which takes longer. In Pro Tools, I would simply click on a specific clip and drag, and it would be done.

So my questions:
1) What is the most efficient way to create cross-fades for lead vocal comps in FL currently?
2) Do FL developers plan on implementing a similar cross-fade tool like the one in Pro Tools in the future? (I believe it is a standard feature in many other DAW's too)

Thanks

Alphons
Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:44 pm

x

Re: Crossfading lead vocal comp

(Moved to looptalk) The biggest issue here is ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Umziky
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:02 pm

x

Re: Crossfading lead vocal comp

Robiaster wrote: ↑Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:44 pm The ...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”