FL freezes when trying to send clock signal to hardware synth?

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
a Curious Being
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:09 pm

x

FL freezes when trying to send clock signal to hardware synth?

I have an Arturia Microfreak synth connected to FL, and I want it to sync to my FL project's tempo. The synth plays fine untill I try to use it's built in arpeggiator in sync with FL project. The synth's settings seem to be all good, since it can sync with Reaper no problem. I have enabled the Microfreak as both midi input and output. I have enabled 'send master sync' both in the midi settings, and in the options menu. With these settings, the synth's arp makes no sound when my FL project is paused, and when I try to play the project (in song or pattern mode), FL just lags and freezes and / or does not play. However the arp works fine in sync with my FL project if I disable the Microfreak as a MIDI input and only use it's internal synth to make sound. The problem is I also want to use it as a MIDI controller in FL. To me it seems that when receiving a clock or play signal from FL, the Microfreak somehow feeds the signal back into FL, sometimes forming some kind of a loop of this signal and thus FL freezes. Other times When I press play in FL, with the synth connected like this, FL just plays for a microsecond and stops automatically. And when I prohibit the Microfreak from sending midi information to FL, FL plays just fine and the synth can sync with FL and the arp works.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”