BPM Slightly out of Sync from Midi Signals

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
SixxCandles
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:56 pm

x

BPM Slightly out of Sync from Midi Signals

FL Studio 20 Producer Edition v20.5.1 [Build 1183] 64 bit
Audio Interface: Focusrite 2nd Generation 18i20
Windows 10 64bit
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

Midi send via the Midi Out or instruments that try to sync to my FL studio BPM keep going out of time slightly and speed up/slow down. Kontakt for example, I'll use a Kit Groove from my DM307 and it'll go off time by decimals and sometimes whole bpms, (ex, 120 to 120.6, 120 to 121, etc.)
This also affects my outboard gear. I'll send midi to my Deepmind 12 via MIDI and USB and it'll do the exact same thing. It is the weirdest thing ever. It goes off just slightly enough to mess everything up.

My projects BPM at the top will say 90bpm, and DOES NOT CHANGE at the top, however, on either Kontakt or my Deepmind 12, the bpm keeps fluctuating randomly on the syncs on the Deepmind or Kontakt Externally trying to grab the clock from FL studio.

It is killing me in inside. Drum grooves get slightly off when I press play messing up everything and using Arps on outboard gear is a Nono.
If I use midi to directly control the kit sounds via the "midi out" vst in piano roll, the DM307 stays in time along with writing out the arps myself on piano rolls. It's just the sync from FL studio to literally anything it feels like keeps going off slightly.

I've already tried,
-Reseting FL Studio Settings
-Restarting my computer
-Updating Kontakt and my deepmind 12 Drivers
-Updating my 18i20 audio interface drivers.
-Using my primary driver instead of ASIO
-Messing with the "Playback Tracking" Option dropdowns, Mixer, Driver, and hybrid, along with messing with the offset slider in many positions.
-Changing Sample Rates and buffers.

I cannot think of any changes I have done to have caused this nor do I know how long this has been going on for. I know a year ago when I was syncing a bunch of outboard gear, it all stayed nice and stable so I cannot tell when this exactly started.
At this point, I'm going to do a clean install of windows or try this on a different computer though I'd like to avoid it.
If anyone has had a similar issue and has a fix, let me know! I know I wrote a lot and thanks to those who read all the way.
If I find a fix/solution, I will post back.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”