Launchkey Mini mk3 freezing fl studio (Solution found!)

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
beezyonthebeat
Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:12 am

x

Launchkey Mini mk3 freezing fl studio (Solution found!)

Hey everyone,

I started having issues with my launchkey mini mk3 where it causes FL studio (any version) to take 2-3 minutes to load an empty project, temporarily freezes FL Studio when trying to stop playing your song/pattern (sometimes it it crashes), and rendering times are doubled or tripled. If you are experiencing this issue, you may be in luck. Read on below to see if you can fix it like I did.

tl;dr: You need to uninstall Novation's driver to use the Microsoft default driver to fix this. This is done through device manager by right clicking the mk3 device and uninstalling the device. Reboot and you should be all good!

So I spent the entire weekend trying to figure out why or what I changed to start having this issue (apparently even after re-imaging my windows machine the issue continued). I just came to an epiphany when I tried "uninstall device" mk3 from device manager.

A. How do I confirm if I have the problematic driver?
1. Open device manager
2. Find the launchkey mini mk3 (usually under "sound, video and game controllers")
3. Right click and check its properties
4. Go to the driver tab
5. You should see the driver provider is Novation and version is 2.17.10.284 (see bad_driver attachment)

B. How do I fix this issue?
1. Follow steps 1-2 again
2. Right click and click "uninstall device"
3. Check the box "Delete the driver software for this device"
4. When it's finished it'll ask you to reboot, do it!

C. How to confirm the bad driver be gone??
1. Follow steps A.1-4
2. You should now see the driver provider is Microsoft and version is 10.0.18362.1 (see good_driver attachment)

Note: This problem may re-occur if Windows tries to find relevant drivers and finds the Novation-provided driver. I'm not sure if Windows updates would undo this fix, but I'll update if that happens.

I already opened a support ticket with Novation regarding this, but please do report this issue to Novation as well and point them to this thread (or at least tell them these details) if you see the same issue and can fix it the same way I described. This will bring to their attention the scope of impact to help prioritize their effort to fix their driver. (at least one can hope they'll prioritize from the number of reports of the same issue)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”