Running FL Studio 4 (upgrade: Fruity edition) on 'vintage' 98 & XP operating systems?

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Domwick
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:09 am

x

Running FL Studio 4 (upgrade: Fruity edition) on 'vintage' 98 & XP operating systems?

Hi,

My base music system may appear outdated now still running windows 98, however that was the main desktop setup with the Audigy 2 ZS soundcard on a Packard Bell computer which still works great and provides the cleanest sound creation, fast editing, a huge multitrack capacity (the last tune done went over 100 seperate tracks) and zero latency using Soundforge 4 I've yet to find on a computer as the 98 operating system runs VERY limited background processes compared to newer windows, fan cooling doesn't sound like a jet engine, and the external breakout connecting box (for the soundcard) is perfect.

Creating music is all the 'old' computer does.
It does the job perfectly, has done that for many many years, it still continues to do so and hence doesn't need changing!

In addition to this I have a 'newer' laptop (HP550, 2ghz processor with 3gb ram) but downgraded from the awful memory hungry Vista to run the lower winXP system which is a great 'mobile' studio, and that has a duplicate software setup from the base system, but of course lacks the high end soundcard features.

I currently can run many music programs (including FL studio 4 creative edition) and was going to update to the Fruity edition, but just want to check that it will run on both Windows 98 and also XP, plus the software will be 'untweaked' ...that's to say of the same vintage as Creative Edition, and not modified with new additions for now updated windows (8, 10 etc) that were not in the original release?

The 'latest' version of your software I know will NOT WORK, as it's bound to require huge memory capacity and also processor power and so I have to retain your 'vintage version', or sadly not run FL studio at all.
I thus hope the upgrade will allow extra musical creative features but the software won't be bloated with updated operating system features/changes which aren't needed.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”