Limited track goes over limitation values ??? Topic is solved

Please report Windows related issues here

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
WE NEED DETAILS!

We appreciate your frustration when things don't work as you expected. However, please help us to help you by following these suggestions:

1. Simple clear explanation - Explain what you are doing, or trying to do, and exactly what is happening.
  2. Update - Before trying anything else. Download and install the latest version of FL Studio from here. Your bug may be fixed already!
  3. Specific information - a) FL Studio version & build number, b) what you are doing and what happens exactly, c) step-by-step instructions how reproduce the problem.
  4. Screenshots - Another great way to demonstrate issues. Get a free screenshot app here. Include images using the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  5. A video - The best way of demonstrating many issues. Get a free recorder here. Include mp4 videos to your post from the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  6. Use English - Google Translate your post. Short simple sentences in your original language translate best. We are happy to work this way, no need to worry.

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm Central European Time), thank you.

ALL posts made in this forum are 'Private' so that only you and staff can see them. This allows sharing of personal data, projects and other information. Posts are generally made public after they are marked 'Solved' AND there was no personal data contained in them.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Formosus
Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:18 pm

x

Limited track goes over limitation values ???

So when I open a track as an audio clip so I can check the RMS I just noticed that I have this problem that the db meter shows peaks that goes over the "0 db" value. I Have had this problem before, but now I can't fix it so anybody can tell why the FL is behaving this way ?? When I change my FL's sample rate from 48 khz to 41 khz then limited tracks as an audio clip don't go over the maximum volume on the db meter like it should. So for some reason there is some fluctuation on audio clips tracks though they are limited to zero db when running FL in 48 Khz, but not when running FL in 41 Khz. Last time this happened it was due to conflict between my fl being 48 khz, but computers audio being 41 khz and when I changed them both to 48 khz it worked now they are both 48 khz but this issue persists.

As you can see from the pictures when using 48 khz sample rate the db meter reads as if the tracks isn't limited and on 41 khz you see that it is from the db meter's "lines" that float a while. Both pictures are taken when the track playing on the beat so the loudness is as high as possible.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Evyi
Technical Support
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:43 am

x

Re: Limited track goes over limitation values ???

Hi there. Could you please attach the project ...

Evyi
Technical Support
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:40 pm

x

Re: Limited track goes over limitation values ???  Topic is solved

Hi there. This can happen due to the current l...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”