Sampler "Shift" function - what is going on?

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Goldgrain
Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:56 pm

x

Sampler "Shift" function - what is going on?

Hi there,
I am having an issue with/or trouble understanding the "Shift" function in the sampler as highlighted in the image "sampler_shift.png".
I couldn't find a specific explanation of that particular function in the manual - please point me towards it in case I haven't looked thoroughly enough.

If I set the shift knob to a rather low value (e.g. 16%), I don't actually hear or see a shift taking place when looking at the rendered audio portion.
If I set it to a higher value (e.g. 56%), I acutally hear a shift of the sample starting point (and I see it in the rendered audio). I have attached another screenshot which shows the two examples rendered out as wave in the playlist (image "shift_rendered_waves.PNG"). No matter how far I zoom in, I cannot see an actual difference between the unaltered and 16-percent-shifted sample.

Can somebody please explain to me what is going on there? Is this the way the shift function is supposed to work? From my gut feeling, 16% percent shift should definitely cause a noticeable difference in case of a hihat sample.

Thanks and best regards
Max
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Milinor
Technical Support
Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:21 am

x

Re: Sampler "Shift" function - what is going on?

Hi there Thanks for the sharp eyes. Actually, ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Milinor
Technical Support
Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:17 am

x

Re: Sampler "Shift" function - what is going on?

Hi there Thanks for all the info. I am happy i...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”