Bug Report: Broken Control Surface Link-to-Controllers

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Mystery
Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:52 am

x

Bug Report: Broken Control Surface Link-to-Controllers

Hey there,

I posted about this bug before, but I can't seem to find the thread I made and I'm not sure if it just got deleted or something. Just figured I'd post it again, since I've just upgraded to 20.8.3 Build 2304 and it doesn't look like it's on anybody's radar. I've observed this since version 20.8.0 Build 2115.

There appears to be a glaring bug with Control Surface links. I imagine a main purpose of Control Surface is to be able to create your own custom interface of knobs/buttons/etc. and link them to parameters in FL Studio (such as a mixer track's master volume). The bug is simple in that the links break (no longer function) if, after established, the user manually moves the linked parameter themselves.

So, if I link a knob on Control Surface to control the Master Volume parameter of a mixer channel, then twisting the knob should ideally change the Master Volume. It does this, but then if I use my mouse to click and drag the Master Volume manually, the knob will stop working in Control Surface. If you right-click the Master Volume parameter and view its link-to-controller settings, you will be able to see the link is still set in the GUI. However, it doesn't actually function, unless you go in there and re-establish it again.

I'm only using Master Volume as an example. For any parameter really, this bug exists. It seems like a fundamental glitch that has deterred me from using Control Surface, which is a shame. I don't imagine this is by design, as linking physical, non-internal MIDI controllers to parameters don't behave this way. But maybe I'm wrong? Any insight or even acknowledgement of this as a bug in the pipeline for fixing is greatly appreciated. Or any explanation really if I'm looking at this all wrong. Thank you!

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:52 pm

x

Re: Bug Report: Broken Control Surface Link-to-Controllers

Hi there. They should stop working until you s...

Mystery
Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:22 pm

x

Just adding a note here for myself or anyone el...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Milinor
Technical Support
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:39 am

x

Hi there Thanks for all the info for users.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”