Layer split ends up pitch shifting samples from C5

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Erickzilla
Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:29 pm

x

Layer split ends up pitch shifting samples from C5

I'm trying to play drum samples using my Arturia MK2, whose drum pads start at C3. In a default project with the 4 drum samples, I add Layer to the channel rack. I right click on C3 to set it as the root note. I select the 4 drum channels, then in Layer I select Set Children, then Split Children under Layering. I am able to play the 4 drum samples starting from C3, but the samples are pitch shifted up by 2 octaves. After experimenting, I am able to work around this finally by extending the Layer Pitch Range to 24, and then pitching it down 24 notes. If I repeat these steps using C5 as the root note, the samples play correctly. This feels like a bug, since I can see the C3 and neighboring notes in the Hint panel. Is this expected?

Milinor
Technical Support
Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:53 am

x

Re: Layer split ends up pitch shifting samples from C5

Hi there The layer doesn't change the note as ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Milinor
Technical Support
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:23 am

x

Re: Layer split ends up pitch shifting samples from C5

Hi there Thanks for all the info. I was checki...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”