Sawer: Preset sounds different in v.1.2.5 versus v.1.2.7

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Faktorial
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:06 pm

x

Sawer: Preset sounds different in v.1.2.5 versus v.1.2.7

Hello,

After opening an old FL Studio 12 project file of mine, I've noticed that a Sawer preset I used sounds very different from when I originally created that project. In the context of that project, it sounds very bad now.
I confirmed this by switching to an old version of Sawer, and indeed, the exact same preset sounds quite different.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Open a new empty project in FL Studio 20 (Producer Edition v20.8.3 [build 2304] - All Plugins Edition - 64Bit, unlocked and registered).
  2. Create an instance of Sawer.
  3. Switch to preset Keys > MC Electro Keys.
  4. Listen to preset. (See attachments.)
  5. Downgrade Sawer from v.1.2.7 to v.1.2.5: Close FL Studio and replace Sawer_x64.dll (in C:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 20\Plugins\Fruity\Generators\Sawer) with the same file from FL Studio v12.3.1 [build 23].
  6. Repeat steps 1.-4. You should now be hearing a different sound coming from the same preset. (See attachments.)
I've attached recordings of what I'm hearing in both cases. I narrowed the issue down to Sawer itself after confirming that the MC Electro Keys preset file hasn't changed from FL12 to FL20, and that it isn't an issue caused by my old project file.

Cheers,
Faktorial

Edit:
I just opened another old FL12 project, and the same problem occurs with the Bass > MC Electro preset.

[Deleted private information to set it public. Deleted by Milinor]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Milinor
Technical Support
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:44 pm

x

Re: Sawer: Preset sounds different in v.1.2.5 versus v.1.2.7

Hi there. Thanks for reporting. I've created a...

nucleon
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:02 pm

x

Re: Sawer: Preset sounds different in v.1.2.5 versus v.1.2.7

Hi, it seems in that preset velocity is mapped ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”