File Sharing

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Kyero2020
Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:38 am

x

File Sharing

Hi Tech Support.

I had an issue a while ago with file sharing with a friend of mine, but the issue was never really resolved. I'm hoping for a different result this time, and I'll do my best to explain what's happening.

So my buddy is able to download files I send him, but when he opens them they're completely devoid of any data no matter how many tracks, plugins, etc I used in the project. It's as if the project is wiped before it reaches him and all he gets is an empty .flp project. I've tried .flp, .midi, .ogg, .flac, and I've tried zipping the file. No matter what, he can't get anything from my files. They're always empty.

But I can open files he sends me just fine complete with all of his project tracks, instruments, plugins (that I share in common anyway), etc. And he can open files from anyone else who sends them to him without any issues either. For example he downloaded a Halo .flp file from a Youtube video description and was able to open it perfectly fine. It's only my files that are empty when he receives them.

I don't know if it's FL Studio's file saving process or not because I can save and open/reopen all my own files just fine. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling FL Studio, no change. I tried diagnostics, and I'll share it in a .pdf for you here if it helps. I'm not sure what's going on and why it is that it's only my files he receives which are stripped of all their data.

Any thoughts or troubleshooting steps you have to offer which weren't covered already would be appreciated.

Thanks!

[Deleted private information to set it public. Deleted by Milinor]

Milinor
Technical Support
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:36 am

x

Re: File Sharing

Hi there How is your project when you open it ...

Kyero2020
Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:52 pm

x

Hi Milinor. It happens on every single project...

Milinor
Technical Support
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:46 pm

x

Hi there I could run your project although I d...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kyero2020
Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:41 pm

x

Okay. I'll contact him and ask him to try downl...

Kyero2020
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:55 pm

x

I got my friend to try opening two different fi...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Milinor
Technical Support
Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:38 am

x

Hi there I could open both projects on my FL ...

Kyero2020
Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:54 pm

x

Okay. He has a lot on his plate so he can't do...

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:10 am

x

If he is able to create a video in the future, ...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”