Bug with Create DirectWave instrument

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Cybertrech
Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:36 am

x

Bug with Create DirectWave instrument

I found an erroneous behavior with the "Create DirectWave instrument" function when we activate the "loop" function (to capture long sounds) during sampling process (VSTi capture).

Not with all, but with some VSTi (Kontakt, Roland SRX among others) the sampling function seems not to apply a total "note off ~silence" with going to the next note (when sampling the sound of notes). The result is that some notes have, in their first milliseconds, the sound of the previous note's release, which produces false note starts. :?

The way to get around this behavior is to reduce (switch off) the release of the sampled instrument (VSTi) to a minimum and/or to disable any reverb/delay effect. But this is a pain to do and sometimes I want to keep the FX.

At first sight, we could conclude that the problem comes from the VSTi (Kontakt, etc.) since this doesn't happen with all VSTi's, except that the "Create DirectWave instrument" function is also at fault since this behavior doesn't occur when I use other capture software that allows to automatically capture~sample VSTi's (Extreme Sample Converter, Soundlib Samplit, Sample Robot, etc.). By the way, if I open the VSTi version of FL Studio in one of these softwares, in order to sample a VSTi that I open in the VSTi version of FL Studio, the notes are sampled correctly! :shock: This, by deduction, implies that the problem comes from the source that capture samples and not from the plugin that is sampled.

So this needs to be fixed in FL Studio, because the "Create DirectWave instrument" function generates false note starts when we sample plugins (long sound with release and/or with reverb/delay, etc) with the loop function enabled.

I could post a video if necessary, but it's very easy to reproduce the phenomenon:

Open an instance of Kontakt, for example, and load an instrument with a long sound (for example an orchestral string). Leave the release of the Kontakt instrument as default (enable) and/or increase it a little bit, leave the reverb and, with the "Create DirectWave instrument" function, choose [Stop Max to length] - [Max length 6s] - [release after 6s], activate the loop function (with start point at 2s and let others values by default) and, to increase the perception of what I want to demonstrate, in the "Sampling options", at the top, set a value of 6 for "Keys per zone" (the fact that there are 6 notes~semitone apart will make the end of the sound of the previous note very audible at the start of the sound of the next note).

You will get something like this:

test48_C5_127.wav

listen carefully to the very first milliseconds!! :?

Note#1: this behavior has been happening since several years already. So since several versions of FL Studio, as well as with the latest one I just downloaded and installed. And, in the course of time, I've tried several different settings (Stop Max silence, etc, etc.) and it doesn't change anything.

Note #2: why don't I use one of the other software that I have to sample my instruments? Because the automatic loop function of Create DirectWave instrument (and Edison) is the best that ever existed! It makes perfect loops, much better than any other software I have used for almost 25 years. Unfortunately, when using Edison, it's impossible to apply loop automatically to several samples, because Edison does not have batch processing :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cybertrech
Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:30 am

x

Re: Bug with Create DirectWave instrument

Can I just have a confirmation that a staff mem...

Cybertrech
Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:15 am

x

I did some more testing and found that the prob...

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:55 pm

x

Hi there. Sorry for this long delay. It seems ...

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:54 pm

x

The developer for Directwave had a look into it...

Cybertrech
Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:30 am

x

I will test when I come back to home. And thank...

Milinor
Technical Support
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:51 am

x

Hi there Let us know about your results.

Cybertrech
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:30 am

x

Evyi wrote:Does it work if you change the polyp...

Cybertrech
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:25 pm

x

Any news? Developments? Did you reproduce the b...

Cybertrech
Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:34 am

x

Any news? The problem still hasn't been fixed...

Zouack
Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:28 pm

x

I can confirm this is an issue I experience too

Cybertrech
Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:25 pm

x

Thank you for your support Zouack! Hopefully a...

PierreP
Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:29 pm

x

I've had the exact same problem for many years....

Dominus Pax
Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:35 pm

x

Is the original instrument sound moved forward ...

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:00 pm

x

Sorry, I asked the devs again to check it and s...

ZXDunny
Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:43 pm

x

Hey - I'm looking into this. Got a few things t...

Cybertrech
Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:16 am

x

Thank you ZXDunny and Hevy. Many of us have bee...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”