MIDI Recording Bug

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Rmp Home Studio
Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:53 pm

x

MIDI Recording Bug

I've been having a huge problem with recording MIDI since I installed my 'Focusrite USB ASIO' audio driver.

The problem is actually with the green thing (I don't know the name of it, maybe it's "needle", I'm not sure) that scrolls through the playlist as you play your project to show you exactly which part of it is being played.

What happens is that this "needle" (when placed in the very start of a project) jumps very far ahead in the project but still plays the audio from the beggining, so far not a big problem (not to be dismissed though). But the critical point is trying to record MIDI, the notes get recorded very far away from where I actually played them, even worse is when some notes get recorded in the right place and others miles ahead...
When trying to make a live loop recording, the notes played get randomly placed in the loop time selection.

(Note: I believe the MIDI settings and the Audio settings are properly set, the problem happens with any buffer lenght from 16 all the way to 1024. I've tried different MIDI controllers and different USB cales. I've updated FL Studio to its latest version, the problem is still going on and with every single plugin that I try to use. I'm just explaining this so that whoever reads this may know that the problem is very likely to be inside Fl Studio.)

The video attached shows all of these problems in action. Hope there's a solution, I'm looking forward to it.
Thank You.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Milinor
Technical Support
Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:43 pm

x

Re: MIDI Recording Bug

Hi there The reason that playhead jumps to som...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”