FLEX using ridiculous amount of CPU - when not active...

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
britgeek
Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:17 pm

x

FLEX goes into a CPU loop

I've recently been playing with FLEX, which I find to be an interesting plugin, although frustrating in other ways. (I wish you could control the arpeggiator, but "it is what it is" I suppose. Other than that, it's quite useful.) Anyway, I recently downloaded a bunch of the free packs, as well as purchased three or four of the paid packs.

So, I have been wading through the various packs selecting as favorite the sounds that I find interesting. Unfortunately, at a certain point in this process, when I move from one sound to another, FL Studio goes into a tight CPU loop from which it doesn't recover. The clock comes up (which normally only happens for less than a second) and then doesn't go away. FL Studio is then completely unresponsive. Meantime, in Task Manager, you can see that FL Studio is using ~ 30% of the CPU. The only way out is to kill FL Studio - it doesn't seem to recover on its own.

Even more weirdly, it only seems to happen in the Olbaid Compendium pack, and specifically around Cubic Math or Cumbia Plectrum.

I'm using FL Studio version 20.8.4 / build 2567. (I only downloaded this one a few days ago.)
I run on Windows 10, 19043.

I suppose I don't need a workaround as the one I used was simply to chug my way backwards through this pack, saving my favorites as I went along until I got to the point where it always crashes. But, because it is so reliably crashing at that point (I've had maybe five crashes at this exact point in the last 20 minutes...), I thought you should be aware of it. LMK if you need a crashdump file or any such.

Best wishes,
Michael Barrett

[Topics merged by Milinor]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

britgeek
Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:49 pm

x

FLEX using ridiculous amount of CPU - when not active...

Hi I've recently been exploring Flex and in th...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

britgeek
Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:41 am

x

Re: FLEX using ridiculous amount of CPU - when not active...

Thanks! I have attached the project. Interest...

saif.sameer
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:37 am

x

Re: FLEX using ridiculous amount of CPU - when not active...

Hi, Nice, that was quick reply always apprec...

saif.sameer
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:48 am

x

Re: FLEX goes into a CPU loop

britgeek wrote: ↑Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:17 pm I sup...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”