Crackly mp3/wav playback (it's not underruns I swear)

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
VELLE_music
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:34 am

x

Crackly mp3/wav playback (it's not underruns I swear)

I'm still actively troubleshooting this issue, but I'm starting to give up.

I'm on the latest Fl version and I'm using the FL Asio driver at 256 buffer length.
I went to try to remix a song today and discovered something weird. In Fl and Fl only, I get weirdly inconsistent crackle noises when playing back mp3s and wavs in the playlist.
It doesn't occur in my existing projects (that I can notice). Only when I open a new project and load an mp3/wav into the playlist. I tried it across daws with different audio drivers and this only occurs with FL.
The crackling is inconsistent; sometimes it's just constant throughout playback, but other times it gets more intermittent.

I will note that this just started happening today, after i installed some more ram and dusted out my pc.

Tried looking this up but the only crackling that people experience are underrun-related. It's starting to drive me insane so I'm really hoping one of you may know what is going on lol
20220120_222624.mp4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Milinor
Technical Support
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:18 am

x

Re: Crackly mp3/wav playback (it's not underruns I swear)

Hi there I am happy you found a solution. Tha...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”