FL Studio Visual Lag (Mouse position affects framerate)

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
more plastic
Sun May 29, 2022 9:46 am

x

FL Studio Visual Lag (Mouse position affects framerate)

Hi Devs,

This issue has been talked about in Another Thread, but i thought i would sum it all up here and try to get some help on this since FL Studio is almost unusable for me now.
The video the user 'Avelina' posted in the thread i linked above, is exactly how it looks like for me as well. So please check out that video if needed.

What is the problem?
When i work in FL Studio, the frame rate is under 10 while song is playing, also low framerate when song isn't playing. This makes it impossible to do anything including using plugins.
The thing is though, if i move my mouse up to the toolbar, the FPS goes up to 80 again, and stays there until i move my mouse to another place.

When does this problem occur?
  • If i start a new project, load it with 50 plugins. The mouse cursor position doesn't change anything. But if i close the project, and open it again, the Cursor problem is there. Same project, no changes except for me ''reopening'' the project.
  • When i'm zoomed in the playlist, the FPS change is less and less the more i zoom in.

Weird ''fix''?:
I accidently opened Ableton while i was working in FL Studio and all the lag dissapeared. Completely.

Here is what i tested so far.
  • If i keep Ableton open in the background, there is no lag in FL Studio.
  • If i close Ableton, FL Studio will not have lag for X amount of time. After X amount of time, it goes back to having lag.
This doesn't happen when i open any other program while i sit in FL Studio.

Some notes:
  • I have all plugins detached. playlist is not detached
  • This happens in small projects, and big projects. CPU usage doesn't matter
  • Audio driver doesn't matter. I've tried FL Studio ASIO and the driver from my audio interface
  • I have the latest FL Studio Update (No beta)
  • I have the Latest Windows 10 update
  • Already tried to reset FL Studio settings
  • Already tried multiple changes in FL Studio settings without luck. Ultrasmooth is already on.

I probably have forgotten something, so if anyone has any more findings, or if the devs want more info, please let me know! :-)

Milinor
Technical Support
Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:50 am

x

Re: FL Studio Visual Lag (Mouse position affects framerate)

Hi Indeed. I am happy you found a solution. Th...

D3Mens
Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:35 pm

x

Hello! sorry to revive this post but I'm experi...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sam_Grossinger
Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:32 am

x

Here is the what it looks like when in focus an...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Milinor
Technical Support
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:57 pm

x

Fewpilz wrote: ↑Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:19 am same ...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”