mouse cursor - location of hit-point

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Olfolf
Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:18 am

x

mouse cursor - location of hit-point

Hi,

When using the pencil tool to draw out notes in the piano roll (could of course be same with other cursors such as the brush) I fail to click at the, in my opinion, correct point.

See this image where I have marked with green the point which I think would be the point, and red of where it actually "hits":
mousepoint2 2022-06-19 090523.png
(ps. it was not possible to use the snipping tool to capture the actual mouse pointer)

The "problem" is that I have to click a lot longer to the left than the look of the tool. i.e. the tip of the pen would have to be inside the note-space/cell left of the one i want to add.

Is this correct? If not, is it related to scaling or dpi or similar? I have the following settings:

Inside FL Studio
GUI Scaling: 125%
1 inch in ppi: 139
Popups- & toolbars scaling set to "Main".

Windows 10 pro is set to scale 100% (text, apps and other objects) and 3840x2160 as resolution (samsung u32h85x).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Milinor
Technical Support
Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:29 am

x

Re: mouse cursor - location of hit-point

Hi there indeed. that's hard to see the issue ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Olfolf
Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:05 am

x

I will try OBS later (after work) I was able t...

Milinor
Technical Support
Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:03 am

x

Hi there Oh, now i get it. It's because of "sn...

Olfolf
Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:24 am

x

Solved. My bad, thanks for the explanation. Stu...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”