Loud feedback ringing noise when activating ASIO4ALL and choosing mic input

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
manica20
Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:21 am

x

Loud feedback ringing noise when activating ASIO4ALL and choosing mic input

Hey all.

I recently got a new audio interface, the Behringer UMC204HD, and set it up with my Windows laptop with its drivers. I had my headphones running out of the interface’s headphone out, and an XLR cable running into a Shure SM57 mic that miced my amp.

But, unfortunately, once I went to activate ASIO4ALL and choose my audio input, I was greeted by a super loud feedback-like sound. It didn’t matter what the pre-amp gain was on my interface—even if I turned it all the way down the feedback was still super loud and still present :( I tested this with my vocal mic, too. Same thing.

This happened with both Inputs, no matter if they had cables running through them, and this happened both through my headphones and my laptop speakers. Also, whenever I chose an input in FL it tended to change my output from the interface to my laptop speakers, even if I was listening to music through the interface/headphones just a second earlier.

I tried the UMC ASIO driver but the signal was soft and wasn’t even perceptible, even if I was hitting the mic.

I’d appreciate any solutions! Thank you!

FL Build: v20.9.2 build 2963
Windows 64bit

[Deleted private information to set it public. Deleted by Milinor]

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”