Playlist Horizontal CTRL+Scroll Zoom functionality issue

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Adrianobloza
Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:58 pm

x

Playlist Horizontal CTRL+Scroll Zoom functionality issue

The issue I am having is that when I use the CTRL+Scroll function to zoom in on the playlist, the zoom does not follow and center the screen to the mouse's position on the playlist nearly as well as it did in FL20.

I have noticed this issue had been introduced from the start of the first FL21 update and has carried through new updates until now. To further my explanation, if you open FL20 and move the mouse around to random places on the playlist while quickly CTRL+Scrolling up and down you will see how much more smoother it is and how it always centers to the mouse, and does not need to be zoomed out as far back as possible in order to have it follow the mouse, neither does it block you from trying to zoom in past the last sample/pattern in the playlist.

--

I believe the most mutually beneficial resolution to this issue would be to add a button somewhere in general settings to activate legacy (FL20) Playlist Zooming. If this already exists please let me know where.

I have been using and trying to understand the FL21 zoom scroll change for a while now and have found it has only impeded my workflow. I am hopeful this could be dealt with in some way as would like to avoid going back to older versions because of workflow speed issues.

--------------------------------------

PS. To throw in one more thing - Please add a legacy (FL20) Playlist Paste button as well so copy and pasted items do not follow the time marker and the grid as much as they do now. Since when dealing with recorded things like vocals, it is common to have repeating items off grid but remain equal distance from each other.

Thank you

Milinor
Technical Support
Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:41 pm

x

Re: Playlist Horizontal CTRL+Scroll Zoom functionality issue

Hi there. This issue (#15538) is known and mar...

Milinor
Technical Support
Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:39 am

x

Re: Playlist Horizontal CTRL+Scroll Zoom functionality issue

Hi there. We just wanted to inform you that th...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”