99 CPU Load On Startup, and Not Going Down

Please report Windows related issues here

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
WE NEED DETAILS!

We appreciate it's frustrating when things don't work as expected. However, please help us to help you by following these suggestions:

1. Simple clear explanation - Explain what you are doing, or trying to do, and exactly what is happening.
  2. Update - Before trying anything else. Download and install the latest version of FL Studio from here. Your bug may be fixed already!
  3. Specific information - a) FL Studio version & build number, b) what you are doing and what happens exactly, c) step-by-step instructions how reproduce the problem.
  4. Screenshots - Another great way to demonstrate issues. Get a free screenshot app here. Include images using the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  5. A video - The best way of demonstrating many issues. Get a free recorder here. Include mp4 videos to your post from the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  6. Use English - Google Translate your post. Short simple sentences in your original language translate best. We are happy to work this way, no need to worry.

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm Central European Time), thank you.

ALL posts made in this forum are 'Private' so that only you and staff can see them. This allows sharing of personal data, projects and other information. Posts are generally made public after they are marked 'Solved' AND there was no personal data contained in them.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
EliteFerrex
Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:49 pm

x

99 CPU Load On Startup, and Not Going Down

I've used the Demo Version of FL Studio for about a year now, but upon opening it today, the CPU Load bar was at 99 and wouldn't go down.

I couldn't get FL to play any sounds, so I tried switching the Audio Settings to ASIO v2, and the CPU load dropped to 0. However, I was unable to hear the sounds, although FL Studio's monitor showed that there were indeed sounds being played.

When I switched it back to the Primary Audio Driver setting, the CPU load again shot up to 99 and remained there. I can't seem to figure out the trouble, since I've been able to use FL Studio just fine for an entire year, on both Windows XP and Vista.

If it helps, I'm using a Dell Inspiron E1505 with 2 GB of RAM, and a Centrino Dual-Core Processor, with my built-in Speakers running on a SigmaTel Audio Driver.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EliteFerrex
Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:58 pm

x

I ordered the Express Edition today in hopes th...

reflex
Site Admin
Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:29 am

x

This means that the soundcard couldn't be opene...

Michael Dow
Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:27 am

x

mine does that when i try using asio for all.

reflex
Site Admin
Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:39 am

x

Michael Dow wrote:mine does that when i try usi...

Michael Dow
Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:13 pm

x

well its not because it doesnt work... but an m...

reflex
Site Admin
Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:20 pm

x

Michael Dow wrote:well its not because it doesn...

Michael Dow
Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:26 pm

x

The m-audio driver works but the asio 4 all doe...

reflex
Site Admin
Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:29 pm

x

Ok, so what device is Asio4All configured to us...

Michael Dow
Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:46 pm

x

Well iguess it sh ould be the m-audio..... sorr...

EliteFerrex
Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:08 pm

x

The 99 CPU Load occurs when I select either "Pr...

reflex
Site Admin
Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:16 am

x

Try reinstalling the (latest) drivers for the o...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”