Frustration

Please report Windows related issues here

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
WE NEED DETAILS!

We appreciate your frustration when things don't work as you expected. However, please help us to help you by following these suggestions:

1. Update - Before anything else, download and install the latest version of FL Studio from here. Your bug may be fixed already!
  2. Specific information - a) FL Studio version & build number, b) what you are doing and what happens exactly, c) step-by-step instructions how reproduce the problem.
  3. Screenshots - Another great way to demonstrate issues. Get a free screenshot app here. Include images using the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  4. A video - The best way of demonstrating many issues. Get a free recorder here. Include mp4 videos to your post from the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  5. Use English - Google Translate your post. Short simple sentences in your original language translate best. We are happy to work this way, no need to worry.

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm Central European Time), thank you.

ALL posts made in this forum are 'Private' so that only you and staff can see them. This allows sharing of personal data, projects and other information. Posts are generally made public after they are marked 'Solved' AND there was no personal data contained in them.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Whaler
Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:22 am

x

Frustration

A friend of mine basically gave me full use of his old Dell Windows XP computer a few years ago, and it had an unregistered FL Studio 5, with which I fell in love and with which I made hundreds of songs. It was really easy to use with the exception that recording midi performances was really buggy--sometimes it would record a performance, and then the next time around with the same exact procedure, I just could not record live input, and resorted to programming everything note by note. Otherwise, though, the program was great. So a few weeks back, I buy a new HP laptop and download, purchase and register the signature bundle, which seems like a great deal for under $300. Now, though, it seems like i am spending all my time troubleshooting little (or huge) problems, Including the same midi recording bugs as on my friend's computer.
For example: I reduce the FL screen so I can do operations on importing external vst's, samples and so forth, shut down computer, reload FL project, no problem, and then the next time I go through the same procedure on the same project, I shutdown, reboot the project, all the control buttons at top of drive panel have reverted to their reduced screen positions even when the FL screen is maximized. So every time this happens, I am having to re-position the buttons to where they were when I first booted FL Studio 9.
For example: I spend hours completing a song, shut down PC, reboot FL Studio, and now no sound comes forth even though all the meters on drive panel are lighting up and dancing as if everything is cool. I look in the mixer settings, and the inputs and or outputs' settings have mysteriously changed. So I restart PC and FL Studio and wow this time its settings are fine--next time not.
For example: Yesterday, I spent 8 hours on a couple songs that I just loved, then revisited them late last night. I decide to record a midi performance of Sytrus to song number 2, In the middle of which performance I hear a sound glitch a few measures in to the recording, and now there is a sound glitch in the song after deleting the midi recording, removing the vst from the project, starting a replica of the song in a new instance of FL, importing the midi scores to their respective vst origins in the replicated project, and still the glitch is there, 2 measures in. Now if that is not frustrating enough, the glitch is in the exact same spot on song number one to which I had made no alterations or attempts to record. So I am thinking, I will just move all events of the song over 4 measures and have the song start from measure 4. Now at measure 6 there is a glitch. I experiment by playing a loop of the full song from measures 24 through 32. Now there is a glitch at measure 26, and I mean a very loud buzz while simultaneously I can see that the song's progress halts, stutters, restarts, and the rest of the song is beautiful, but useless because of the glitch.
As I mentioned, I am new to this computer (an HP pavilion dv7 w/ 4 gigs ram and an intelCore i3 processor, Windows 7.) and new to FL 9, but I have done a lot w/ FL 5, music and computer projects in general, and I am totally baffled and frustrated by a new and mysterious problem daily on FL 9. For me, the investment in the computer and the program is a huge financial stretch, and I can seem to bring virtually no project to a mastered finish without major difficulties. Are you hearing of this from other customers using Windows 7? I am a music teacher at a private school, and because of my fondness for FL Studio, I have been showing some of my students around the program on my laptop, and they are witnessing these problems and wondering why not use other DAW programs? I am reluctantly reaching the conclusion that I have made a huge mistake in purchasing the laptop and/ or FL studio. Do you have any advice that could restore my faith in your program?

DamienSturdy
Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:43 pm

x

As a windows 7 64 bit user, and LONG time user ...

EOD
Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:40 pm

x

Whaler, you need to split up your post into par...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”