Copyright Ethics on Older Demo Loop - Permission Request

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Soniclight
Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:05 pm

x

Copyright Ethics on Older Demo Loop - Permission Request

Hello,

I'm posting this in Technical support because I need official feedback. I couldn't find a phone number to call to talk to a representative of the company do here goes.

If necessary, feel free to inquire within your company for the correct response to this post.
Thanks.

An Old FL Demo Loop Re-Discovered

I'm a person living on limited disability income and therefore don't have the kind of budget to buy software right and left. I first discovered FL Studio back in 2000 or so when I just began getting back into creating music.

Due to the ups and down of this condition, the creative flow can go away for a long time, then come back. I also have no immediate or medium range plans to do anything commercial.

Back then, there was loop in the then version ? called "Songbird." It was great because it helped me like a practice pad for developing my lead guitar chops in my Korg Trinity (which is still the only hardware I have).

I totally forgot about having had a recording of one of my Songbird "sessions".
Found it recently, and may like to post it at MySpace.

I've included a 43 second segment of the beginning of it:

-- You can hear the original Songbird loop in the first two bars, then my guitar and my own keyboard overlay begins.

--- As the track evolves, one hardly hears Songbird's airy piano anymore, but the simple drum part is still audible.

As the title of this post states, I'm a copyright conscious person. Hell, I'm kind of ethic compulsive.
So here is the Q:

-- Am I allowed to publish this session track at a place like MySpace or at my own website?

No, I don't have a MySpace Band profile and it's a session clip = not anything that would ever be sold as a track or included into any for-sale album.

I just want to add a variety of samples of my own music to the rest of my original work slowly getting there.

Below is the short clip in mp3 format. Below that is my MySpace page so you can get a sense of it.
The background music at the time of this posting is also original.

And, yes, I've just downloaded a FL demo, but due to the above mentioned constraints, I cannot guarantee I would purchase it.

So this Q is simply about a very old loop of yours and if I can use it as described. The issue of being disabled or not isn't important. I only included it to explain my financial situation.

Copyrights are copyrights. Period. And this can be viewed as request for permission of use.
Thank you.

Philip S. Knight
Los Angeles, CA

My "Songbird" clip: http://www.compassionsensuality.net/Oth ... _INTRO.mp3
MySpace Page: http://www.myspace.com/compassion_sensuality
Last edited by Soniclight on Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Soniclight
Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:05 pm

x

OK, never mind. Looks like its the wrong forum...

Buckskin
Site Admin
Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:17 pm

x

Soniclight wrote:OK, never mind. Looks like it...
We are the music makers,
We are the dreamers of dreams.

Soniclight
Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:56 pm

x

Hey, an answer :) Thanks. I also just fixe...

Soniclight
Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:05 pm

x

Since it seems that it is OK to use said loop t...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”