file browser midi buttons not working

Get support here - http://support.image-line.com/redirect/ ... Deckadance

Return to “Deckadance Technical Support”

Forum rules
Deckadance is no longer an Image-Line product. For support please go here - http://support.image-line.com/redirect/ ... Deckadance
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
crazyhydro
Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:00 am

x

file browser midi buttons not working

So I've been using the 4a for a few months and since last week the file browser knob and directory browsing buttons no longer work properly.

The knob itself is still functioning, as when I assign them to the functions in the midi mapper of deckadance they respond if I set the control type to encoder, but it only accepts one value so I can only browse up by turning the knob left or right, or down by turning the knob left or right, but not up by turning the knob right and down by turning it left. The default and inverted control type settings do not work at all though.

I have also lost midi feedback to the controller. but this is only when I use it as a VST inside of FL Studio. When I use it standalone there is midi feedback - however the file browser knob and buttons do not work. I have also tried installing it on another computer with a fresh operating system and fresh install of deckadance - the file browsing buttons still do not function, so I figure it might be a problem with the internal cmd 4a midi mapping somehow? Because it's definitely related to the unit itself and not the software as I'd hoped.

I played my set on the weekend with it anyways by mapping some of the functions to another controller, but it was a bit of a nuisance.

The problem seems to have started when I was trying to utilize the LC-1 alongside the cmd 4a inside fl studio, and I was trying to get midi feedback from the lc-1 with custom mappings for deckadance to get LED feedback. I realized this was not possible only after having fiddled with the midi channel settings on the deckadance fl wrapper, maybe somewhere along the way I have cut either or both the file browsing midi function, or the midi visual feedback on the controller?

Any insight into these issues would be appreciated.

crazyhydro
Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:36 pm

x

Re: file browser midi buttons not working

ok The midi feedback has returned after some ti...

Return to “Deckadance Technical Support”