Crystallization | New Track | Electronic

to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
ThePropenator
Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:11 pm

x

Crystallization | New Track | Electronic

Hello FL community,
Thanks to everyone who commented on the last song I posted on these forums...if you even remember. I think I made that post over a year ago.

Winter is pretty cold here in Minnesota, and it's been snowing. BUT, it makes great inspiration, so here's a track about snowflakes ice crystals.

I've been working on this for about five days or so, and I'm pretty happy with how this is turning out.

A couple interesting things about the track that are pretty cool (or at least I think so :lol:) are the contrapuntal nature of the verse (three parts: melody, countermelody and bass) and the Phrygian cadence that concludes the verse. The Phrygian mode is uncommon, but I think I make it work here. I'm fairly certain that all sounds used in the track are native to FL Studio to boot.

I you are inclined to comment, I'd like to know if the track is too quiet in some spots. I've always struggled with maximizing the loudness of my tracks.
Also, this might be a silly question, but...does anyone know what sub-genera of electronic music this is? I'm not sure exactly how to list this in the post title.

I'm having a lot of fun making this, so I hope you have as much while listening to it.
Hoppy Holidays to everyone and cheers to the new year! :D

JP

Kostas53
Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:53 pm

x

Re: Crystallization | New Track | Electronic

Quite interesting ideas! About quiet parts...it...

ThePropenator
Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:30 am

x

Kostas53 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:53 pm Quite...

Jaach
Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:23 am

x

This is pretty original track. I like it a lot!...

timex_cme
Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:41 pm

x

ThePropenator wrote: ↑Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:49 pm ...

DvPerep
Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:08 am

x

Nice track! melody and chords while wide-rangi...

Barleyman
Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:55 am

x

ThePropenator wrote: ↑Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:11 pm ...

Return to “Song Exchange”