Two tracks trying out the JD-Xi // Electronic Rock and/or Industrial Metal

Place to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Alter-Fox
Sun May 22, 2022 2:24 pm

x

Two tracks trying out the JD-Xi // Electronic Rock and/or Industrial Metal

Breaking in some new physical gear to my setup is something I don't get to do too often, so it's always exciting. I picked up a used Roland JD-Xi two weeks ago and this is what I've done with it so far. I'm particularly impressed with its collection of drum sounds from Roland's classic machines -- these are probably the best-sounding renditions of them I've found, the 606 and 707 in particular have a weight and punchyness to them that they often seem to lack in sample libraries.
I imagine this is probably the last piece of gear I'll be getting for a while, since I've already picked up a small but decent collection of guitar effects to use with the tube amp I bought back in December. You'll hear those in here too -- that's why it's rock and/or industrial metal. 8) All of this should give me plenty to play with for at least the rest of 2022. :D
Vertigo Fox - Exploit.mp3
Vertigo Fox - Blood RedWoods.mp3
The vocals on Blood RedWoods were improvised just based on a loose idea of what the song should be about, and I haven't had time to make a transcription yet. I do have lyrics for Exploit, though, since I wrote that one ahead of time. Both of the titles have multiple meanings within each song's central idea or metaphor.

Oh, italics represent the vocoder, and the last two lines in particular aren't really meant to be understood.
Exploit
Icy spires with their glacial rivers
Gravity makes for current strong
Open up wings as I’m thrown over
A seven-mile waterfall
To cold sky, by water, flung headlong
Peaks poke through the mist
like antelope prongs

Diving, falling, and so fast
Pulling up slow to make sure the speed lasts
Diving, falling, flying so far
Feel I could be living flame, glow with the stars

Surrounded by nothing but pelt and wind
A force that doesn’t want to let me reach what’s beneath
Still I smell rot in the core of the trees
Brush talons over grass that’s grown through concrete canopy

When we fall, fall into flight
And maybe I can push back off the ground
But what goes up still must always come down
The treasure I’m protecting
Hardening, no soft landing

Exploited by the wind under my tail
The very lift beneath these wings
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Song Exchange”